Ruins of Olympos


The weather was really bad here a few days ago. So bad that many trees were rooted and for a short time, we were trapped in Cirali due to a flooded bridge that separates us from the rest of the world. Even Turkish-Tv was reporting about it. We were lucky to have



a generator that provided us with electricity, because the power lines were being damaged by the storm and falling trees. Well, living in a small secluded bay with only one single road leading up the highway means being all in nature here, and thats the way I like it. :)


We spent our days with late breakfasts, reading books and tried to work, as much as being without internet allowed it to. The stormy weather only lasted for a few days and yesterday, finally the sun lit through the heavy clouds and smiled upon us. We decided to go to Olympos, an ancient river valley next to Cirali. It used to be a rich city full of works of art. Now, there are many ruins testifying these glorious days, waiting to be explored by curious minds. We walked up to one if the towers at the beach, because from up there, you have an amazing view over the sea and the whole bay.

Everytime I walk up there and take a look at this view, a wave full of emotions washes over me, because this is how all my childhood memories begin. Me walking around on the beach, collecting seashells and funny looking stones. I remember how my mum would always complain about me filling all my pockets with stones every time we went home from the beach. And every now and then, when I look through my stuff I left here when I moved to Germany to finish high school, I find small stones in boxes and pockets and sometimes I even remember why I once thought they were worth taking home.   Makes me smile every time. Childhood memories can be so wonderfully filled up with magic. Childhood memories from my personal paradise.

From the Tower we wanted to walk deeper into the valley, but unfortunately the river had doubled its size and had flooded the small land bridge from where one could walk from the beach into the valley without getting your feet wet in the river. So we spent the whole afternoon at the top of the tower, overlooking the beach and enjoyed the sunshine until it got windy and clouds came up.







Kommentare:

  1. Mal wieder richtig tolle Aufnahmen :)
    Darf ich mich über dein oder euer Equipment erkundigen und du/wie ihr die Fotos bearbeite(s)t?
    Würde mich interessieren :)

    Liebe Grüße und einen schönen Abend

    Johanna

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Vielen Vielen Dank Johanna! :)
      Klar! Wir benutzen eine Canon 5D Mark III und Objektive Sigma 50mm 1,4 , Canon 135mm 2,0 und Canon 16-35mm 2,8 :)
      Soweit ich mich erinnern kann haben wir bei diesen Bildern hauptsächlich das letzte Objektiv benutzt.
      Für die Bearbeitung benutzen wir Adobe Lightroom.

      Liebe Grüße <3

      Löschen
  2. Unfassbar gute Bilder :) bin so so beeindruckt


    emmabrwn.blogspot.de

    AntwortenLöschen